DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Bringing pipes out of wall

422 Views 9 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  chandler48
Got some bad advice and ran hot and cold water in an exterior wall and I don't want to leave it in there anymore. Wondering the best way to make it not look like ass with the window right there. Was thinking a bulkhead but putting it right beside the window would definitely look weird. Simplest is of course just to pop it up through the floor but then I have a big old hole in the wall. Any ideas?
Sleeve Wood Rectangle Beige Metal
Laundry room Purple Textile Interior design Wood
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Naildriver
23,268 Posts
IMO, a vented bulkhead at least to the top of the washer box would allow you to move the pipes into the inside. Finish the outside cavity and allow only the pipes and insulation in the bulkhead. Vent it by drilling small holes at the bottom of the bulkhead to allow room air to enter.

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IMO, a vented bulkhead at least to the top of the washer box would allow you to move the pipes into the inside. Finish the outside cavity and allow only the pipes and insulation in the bulkhead. Vent it by drilling small holes at the bottom of the bulkhead to allow room air to enter.
Yeah a half wall bulkhead isn't a bad idea cUse I could use the top for a shelf.

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What do you think about framing it out in 2x6? Allows for a resting spot on top for detergent and such. Sticks out a bit further but it's dead space anyway. As opposed to 2x4 and laying a larger shelf on top.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts