DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This wall separating gardens and the driveway has been moving more every year and i dont have any ideas on what can be done, looks like the past owners caulked it up but it just keeps getting worse, any suggestions?

·
retired framer
59,855 Posts
What is the frost depth where you are? Have you had cold spells in the winter that would be longer than they were years ago?

·
Registered
Building my last home
3,067 Posts
Heavy wall, it appears that the foundation for the extension is not the same as the other piece.
Tearing it down and redoing the footing would be out as far as I am concerned. Getting a grinder and removing the mortar and redoing it seems a better solution. Unless your planning on dying in the home. Then tear it down and do have it look correct.

·
retired framer
59,855 Posts
Even if the footing is deep enough frost can catch a rough edge and lift things. It appears like you have weed growing around the bottom so gaps around there will be allowing water down there, with out water you would not get damage. If brick extend down some they can be the rough edge caught by frost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.