DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Ever Learning
184 Posts
I too would be thinking right-angle plug. I find Hubbell makes a L5-20 right angle plug, but so far haven't found anyplace that offers one for sale.
Might be worth a little extra cost not to have to take the outlet box apart again.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks guys. I've ordered a larger box, we will see if it fits. I'll also look into an angled plug.

Was debating - this out let was worked wrong. This outlet for the pump runs direct to the breaker box, but another outside outlet is powered from the pump receptacle, about 35 feet away.

So in the pump receptacle box, I have two sets of wires, wrapped up real well, and connected to the acrew terminals. They were not pig tailed as they should have been, instead just wrapped around each other and taped, with a small length around the terminal. So there are not two wires on each acrew, just one, but they were not pig tailed. It's worked (safely) for 25 years, but now I'm wondering if I should rewire it correctly, or just go with it the way it was.

I've got to re-dig my post hole today anyway. Not happy with the movement in it.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts