DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
retired painter
13,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my bostich nailer for several yrs and it's always worked fine .... until this afternoon. About 30% of the time its double shooting nails. Any ideas as to why?

·
Registered
433 Posts
I've had my bostich nailer for several yrs and it's always worked fine .... until this afternoon. About 30% of the time its double shooting nails. Any ideas as to why?
Sounds like your safety mechanism has fouled or slipped.
My Metabo can shoot like an automatic or semi auto.
I'm thinking if yours has that feature. The problem may be there. It's loose or to tight. Just my two cents.
I use Hitachi but Metabo bought Hitachi. My roofing gun is a Bostich

·
retired painter
13,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I doubt it's the nails, while I did switch brands of nails that box is close to empty. I'm helping a friend build an addition on his mobile home. When we get the framing done I'll bring it home and give it a good cleaning and going over. I'm pretty sure it has the automatic feature but I've never used it - sounds like a good place to start.

·
retired framer
65,420 Posts
I doubt it's the nails, while I did switch brands of nails that box is close to empty. I'm helping a friend build an addition on his mobile home. When we get the framing done I'll bring it home and give it a good cleaning and going over. I'm pretty sure it has the automatic feature but I've never used it - sounds like a good place to start.
If it is set on auto and it bounces while your finger is still on the trigger it will shoot again.
If you keep your trigger pulled it will shoot when ever you bump the nose.

·
Naildriver
20,097 Posts
Mark it should be shooting 28 degree wire welded nails. Double kissing means you may have the wrong trigger installed. I always remove the bump trigger and install the single hit trigger.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
I have had that happen when trying the wrong nails and when the driver is worn.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mark it should be shooting 28 degree wire welded nails. Double kissing means you may have the wrong trigger installed. I always remove the bump trigger and install the single hit trigger.
I assume this person already had the single hit (technically called "sequential trip") trigger, because they said it "worked fine," until recently, when it started double kissing. I've had a similar problem recently. Did yours come with the bump (technically called "contact trip") trigger already installed? Mine didn't, and still doesn't.

·
retired painter
13,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I haven't been back over there to further inspect my nailer. Seems like I remember there being something to change it from one shot per trigger pull to automatic bump .... but I've never used the latter so I'm not really familiar with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts