DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
This may not be the answer you are looking for, but try looking at garage sales or auctions where an old timer handyman was.

Some of the older books might explain in detail how to form up for a stoop for example. If you find a book from the 60's, they may explain how to make a "patio".

You could also contact some ready-mix association or something like the "portland concrete blah blah of america".

·
Registered
37,180 Posts
What is it your really trying to do?
A whole lot of different from pouring a counter top, poring a figurine and trying to pore a slab or foundation.

·
Too Short? Cut it Again!
9,634 Posts
Hey I have a wild idea. How about going into that building in town with a sign on the front that says LIBRARY? Most require you get this thing called a library card to check out books but few charge more than $1,000 or so for one.

They will have, or can get you tons of books on concrete and its varied uses along with a plethora of idea books and showcase examples. The history of concrete and its uses through the ages can add perspective and is interesting to read too. Of course in this day and age you can search the library catalogs and make a wish list before you even show up.

Definitely look for, or have the research librarian help you find, books on artisan concrete. I am seeing more and more gorgeous work around here in this realm. Inside and outside the home. And believe it or not, I had to get a dear friend something unique for a landmark birthday. Why not concrete jewelry. She loves it!

http://konzukshop.com/

Searching literature and books available from the concrete associations is also worthwhile as others have suggested.

And Joe's question is a good one. What aspects of concrete are you interested in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts