DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I noticed 2 blue streaks appear on our flooring from under the kitchen island heading directly towards the downstairs bathroom. Could this be a leak under the flooring? It could be a stain but I don't know how this could have appeared over night while we were all sleeping
!
Image attached - any help welcome, thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, the larger streak is coming from directly underneath the sink and the second one is from the cupboard next to it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd give it a go if it's not too difficult but with this being a new build it might void a warranty. I'm waiting to hear back from our builder but I have concerns they will just assume it's a stain that I have created.
I'll see what they say!

·
retired framer
38,931 Posts
I'd give it a go if it's not too difficult but with this being a new build it might void a warranty. I'm waiting to hear back from our builder but I have concerns they will just assume it's a stain that I have created.
I'll see what they say!
If it is water it will grow and if they put it off it would just cost more to fix.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Here’s a completely different idea for the cause. I wonder if these parallel blue lines are actually shadows or reflected light from LED lights (which use blue LEDs to create the white light). Are the blue lines visible in daylight when the room lights are off?

Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts