DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't like using my string trimmer around our landscaping rocks so I sprayed some round up concentrate grass killer recently. Now the grass is yellow along the edging so i wanted to know what is the best way to remove it completely?

Lawn Grass Yard Walkway Backyard

·
A Little Of Everything
2,428 Posts
I don't like using my string trimmer around our landscaping rocks so I sprayed some round up concentrate grass killer recently. Now the grass is yellow along the edging so i wanted to know what is the best way to remove it completely?

View attachment 34562
Using RoundUp wouldn't have been my choice, but it's not my yard. :)

I don't think you need to remove the dead grass. It'll decompose and disappear soon enough.

You're also probably aware of this, but the RoundUp just killed what it touched. There will be a lot of weeds & grass growing in what is now a bare area. You'll have to either spray it repeatedly, or start trimming.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not trying to be argumentative, but why would you do that? You'll have to replace it with something, or you'll have a mini-moat going.
Take a look at my pic, as the grass nears the rocks I do the same thing every year, but I am looking for any better method since the yellow grass looks horrible. I dig out the yellow grass as I have done in the past to get rid of it.

·
A Little Of Everything
2,428 Posts
Take a look at my pic, as the grass nears the rocks I do the same thing every year, but I am looking for any better method since the yellow grass looks horrible. I dig out the yellow grass as I have done in the past to get rid of it.
Saw the picture. I wasn't aware that you did this every year. Sorry.

When you say "digging" you must not be so much digging holes as scraping off the grass. I was mistakenly thinking holes...

I guess I don't have any better advice than what you've been doing. Carry on. :)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DrHicks said:
Saw the picture. I wasn't aware that you did this every year. Sorry.

When you say "digging" you must not be so much digging holes as scraping off the grass. I was mistakenly thinking holes...

I guess I don't have any better advice than what you've been doing. Carry on. :)
Oki dok...thx!

·
A Little Of Everything
2,428 Posts
Oki dok...thx!
Yeah, like I said, my personal preference is to just grow the grass right up to the edge of the landscaping/sidewalk/fence, and trim it with the weedwacker. I like the look, and I learned quickly (when mowing professionally) that you just need to slow down, take your time & trim carefully.

But... To each his own. Your lawn looks really nice. Kudos! :)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DrHicks said:
Yeah, like I said, my personal preference is to just grow the grass right up to the edge of the landscaping/sidewalk/fence, and trim it with the weedwacker. I like the look, and I learned quickly (when mowing professionally) that you just need to slow down, take your time & trim carefully.

But... To each his own. Your lawn looks really nice. Kudos! :)
:) thx again

·
just a tool guy
255 Posts
At my ex's house I laid pavers in a row against the borders of the beds and walks. They made for an easy transition from lawn to bed, and the trimming was much easier. landscape fabric and plain sand under the pavers, as they didn't have to support any traffic(besides lawnmower wheels).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts