DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on installing my base molding for my staircase, and replacing the door (jamb and all) shown in the pic. I kind of need to figure out what to do with my flooring before I go any further I think. If I use click/lock laminate, then I need to do it before I install the molding & door I believe so that the edges of the floor are covered.

It's a split-level house with a walk-out basement with no moisture issues.

Carpet would probably be the "easiest" to install since I would just hire someone to come install it after I'm done with everything. Being that it's a rental house, I'd prefer to install something that will be the least prone to damage, WITHOUT going to tile since that is going to take me forever (and don't have the money to hire it out), and I only have 3 weeks left to finish up everything in this house I need to get done.

The existing junk laminate is going to be tossed out.

This is the area I'm trying to replace the door & install molding, but don't want to screw myself by not having the flooring down first. I'm not worried about matching up to the existing flooring because it's going away.

If I go click/lock, there is no feasible way to install that afterwards as nicely as I could before the door & base is installed is there?

Junk.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Doing laminate (Pergo XP) and I'll do a T-molding in the doorway. I can screw with the rest of the floor later.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts