DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I bought a small Belle of Georgia peach a few years ago when I bought my first house, now it grows bigger, and it is second or third year growing fruit, I don't remember it is second year or third year.

Issue: Peach keeps falling to ground, it is still very small (only slightly larger than finger thumb), but they start falling to ground before growing even bigger, why? Last year, all of them fell to ground gradually. It is happening again this year, peach is falling to ground everywhere. Why?

Photo link on google drive: Peach - Google Drive

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Mine dropped quite a few. I thought I was doomed. Looked it up online and found it is normal. Not ALL of the peaches of course.

·
Registered
15,091 Posts

I bought a small Belle of Georgia peach a few years ago when I bought my first house, now it grows bigger, and it is second or third year growing fruit, I don't remember it is second year or third year.

Issue: Peach keeps falling to ground, it is still very small (only slightly larger than finger thumb), but they start falling to ground before growing even bigger, why? Last year, all of them fell to ground gradually. It is happening again this year, peach is falling to ground everywhere. Why?

Photo link on google drive: Peach - Google Drive
Hmm.

It‘s normal as @Mike Milam noted, for trees to “over set” I.e., get more fruit than they can nourish to maturit.

But after a couple years it should carry some.

The tree appears healthy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts