DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
journeyman carpenter
3,480 Posts
depends on how much you use a nail gun.. if your a diy'er stick to pneumatic. much cheaper

if your a finish carpenter their handy for spots that running a hose is too much hastle or end of a job when theres only a few things to do and dragging a compressor and hose makes for a lot more work

·
Registered
522 Posts
I own both the The brad nailer and staple gun from Ryobi. I have a large compressor in the barn but it takes 200' of hose to get to the house. I bought the battery powered brad nailer and I am very happy with it. I also ended up buying the staple gun for a couple of upholstery projects and was very happy with the outcome.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I've had the Ryobi brad nailer for a little over year and have no complaints with it. It does the job that it's designed to do, and the only time I have had a misfire is when I was down to the last nail in the strip. There's a Youtube channel called AVE that has a video where he takes one apart to show you how it's built and how it works. It's an interesting design.

·
World's Tallest Midget
1,467 Posts
Considering that the Milwaukee brad nailer that works with my batteries cost 13x as much as my used Porter Cable pneumatic, I think I'll stick with air, thanks very much. If you don't have a compressor, that's a problem. But even a compressor and nailer is still cheaper.

·
World's Tallest Midget
1,467 Posts
For $350 they better be pretty close to perfect. They aren't.

I just watched a review by the Concord Carpenter, he made a lot of apologies for its shortcomings. Another review I saw compared it to a *gasp* Ryobi, and the Ryobi spanked it. Only thing better about the Milwaukee was no ramp up time.

Like I said, I'll stick with pneumatic until they get better and/or cheaper.

·
Registered
6 Posts
For $350 they better be pretty close to perfect. They aren't.

I just watched a review by the Concord Carpenter, he made a lot of apologies for its shortcomings. Another review I saw compared it to a *gasp* Ryobi, and the Ryobi spanked it. Only thing better about the Milwaukee was no ramp up time.

Like I said, I'll stick with pneumatic until they get better and/or cheaper.
I agree, just not there yet..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.