DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:huh:a simple lightbar installation only to keep kicking my breaker. I am installing a pull chain switch just like the one i used before, white on white, black on black, ground to ground. hook it together, re-ser breaker, go to the bathroom, lights on, turn light off, turn back on, kicks the breaker again. took lightbar apart to see if any exposed wires but looks good, nothing loose. help!!!

·
Registered
474 Posts
I have not seen a pull chain set up that way. Usually you put the black from the power to one lead on the pull chain and you put the black from the light bar on the other lead from the pull chain. Whites just splice together. Try that

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
"Mystery" of "Shorted" p.c. switch tripping breaker

:huh:a simple lightbar installation only to keep kicking my breaker. I am installing a pull chain switch just like the one i used before, white on white, black on black, ground to ground. hook it together, re-ser breaker, go to the bathroom, lights on, turn light off, turn back on, kicks the breaker again. took lightbar apart to see if any exposed wires but looks good, nothing loose. help!!!
As poster # 2, Disi... pointed out. You connected the pull chain switch "Across" the leads. Therefore, when the pull chain switch is OFF the light works. But when you pull it to the ON position, you are "Shorting" the leads. Follow their advice and you';ll be A Okay!(Now more than ever):laughing::no::drink:Don't Drink and Drive!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts