DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need suggestions on an upcoming plumbing project. I put together a quick model of what I'm thinking (see picture).
Utility Sink and Wash Machine on one side of wall, and bathroom vanity sink on the other side. Wall is built and Studs are 16"o.c.

The way I currently have it modeled is the most straight forward (everything separate, everything individually vented).

Is there a good way to combine one or more of the fixtures and/or vents to consolidate the system? I have a few thoughts in my head but many of them result in a "wet vented" standpipe or a "double p-trapped" waste line, neither of which I want/should to do per code. Which speaking of...I am outside city limits in a small town in Kansas. Not regulated by code but wanting to abide by the "rules" and do it right. Codes are codes for a reason...
Rectangle Parallel Font Diagram Drawing
Wood Door Building Rectangle Fixture

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't see any reason why you would not combine the 3 vents into a single vent pipe, say 6".
I do plan to combine them in the attic before roof penetration. Didn't see a huge benefit in drilling through studs to combine them (6" above flood rim level) before the attic. I'm not opposed to joining the washer and utility vent in the same stud bay before attic though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts