DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I bought this condo later last year; it was built in 1997. It was like early December or late November 2013 when suddenly I heard strange noise from master bathroom. It made us difficult to sleep and stay in our master bedroom.

The sound is from intersection of bathroom wall (beside bathtub) and ceiling. The noise is kind like popping sound. It's pretty loud and sharp. We can hear that even with bathroom and bedroom doors closed.

It seems that afternoon is when the noise is likely to come out, usually at 3-5 pm and continue for 20-60 minutes. The interval of a popping sound is like 10-20 seconds. When I push the bathroom drywall, I can hear sounds, I guess you can imagine the sound drywall makes, as well as the ceiling.

Also, there is a wood bolt inside the drywall (near intersection of ceiling). It's inside the wall and I can't take it out. What is that?

There are days that the intersection of ceiling and drywall don't make noise at all, but when they do make noise, it won't last more than 2 hours.

This is the Youtube for the noise. http://youtu.be/GJMgxLmyYTA

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
Sounds like maybe someone is doing something in the unit above you and causing it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like maybe someone is doing something in the unit above you and causing it.
The noise started in November and lasts until today... I don't think caused by someone intentionally. The noise also happens at night/early morning when it's time to sleep.

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
No didn't mean intentional they are just doing something different.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
What type of heating does the building have? Is this an interior or exterior wall? Do you know what is directly above the wall?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts