DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I get started I wanted to make sure I'm installing the sheetrock on my bathroom ceiling correctly. The ceiling is 24" OC and I'm going to use 5/8" sheetrock. From earlier posting I've decided not to use greenboard on the ceiling because it's less rigid and be more likely to sag. There is an exhaust fan in the bathroom

I also understand that I don't have to run strips perpendicular to the rafters because I'm using 5/8 sheetrock.

Can you confirm what I'm doing before I get started?

Thanks

·
Remodeling Contractor
3,590 Posts
This will work fine. I would suggest using Zinsser's Perma White paint to finish this ceiling. You can tint it to any color. But as a self priming solution you will get active fungicide in all three coats allowing a much longer protection period to prevent mold.

·
Drywall contractor
2,151 Posts
Adequate ventilation is the key, no matter what thickness of drywall you use. If it it absorbs enough moisture it will sag. You might want to replace/upgrade the fan while the ceiling is open if it's an older model...

·
Drywall contractor
2,151 Posts
Ignore that. Someone had another question posted but must have come back and deleted it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
wish our chinese products can give you luckly.best regards for you.
by the way,could you please give me some informations about anybody who sales stones(chinese stones) in american . email is ok.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts