DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have towel closet that I wish to turn into a walk-in shower, concrete foundation.. Closet is about 8" away from the tub drain. Any recommendations?

The shower will be on the same side as the sink. Can I tap into the drain for the sink?

·
Retired Moderator
25,770 Posts
I moved this to plumbing for you.

You might get lucky---but maybe not---

Showers require a 2 inch drain under the slab---tubs only need 1 1/2" ----newer under slab plumbing is usually 2 inch---older houses---maybe not---in that case you will need to open the slab to the lateral drain for the toilet---

Get your jack hammer out and see what you have---:)---Mike----

Reactions: RickyG

·
Registered
86 Posts
Mike is correct 2" for a shower drain and a vent you can probably tap into the tub vent if there is one if not youll have to run one. As far as the shower the tub drain is 1.5 so youll need to cut it back to the lateral to get it to 2".. Definitely have some jacking up to do..gl

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How big is this closet?
It 30" X 55" seating at the end of dual sink that stretch 8ft long. I was thinking of bring the sink closer together giving me more room to open up the closet. On the opposite end of the dual sink is the entrance from the bedroom to the bathroom. Just pass the entrance is the toilet.

Along the opposite wall is his closet, tub & shower combo, then her big closet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.