DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I wanted to place a bath fan above my shower / bathtub, my unit is rated for in shower application, but requires a GFCI connection. I have a GFCI outlet on the wall; I tested it with the light in the bathroom on and it does not kill the power to the light, only the plug receptacles.

Is there an easy way to rewire this without tearing walls apart or requiring an electrician?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Upon further reading this is an AFCI which would not meet the instructions provided with the exhaust fan. Would a GFCI combo switch work the same way? If I connected a GFCI combo switch in place of my single pole light switch, would pushing the test button shut down power to the light and fan or just the receptacle?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Upon further reading this is an AFCI which would not meet the instructions provided with the exhaust fan. Would a GFCI combo switch work the same way? If I connected a GFCI combo switch in place of my single pole light switch, would pushing the test button shut down power to the light and fan or just the receptacle?
Just swap your circuit breaker for an AFCI/GFCI combo. That's what I did in my bathroom I DIYed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts