DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where the ground meets my basement window, there is about a 2" concrete sill that is broken into about 5 pieces, exposing the tops of the cinder block wall (explains why water was coming through despite my drainage efforts). How can I go about repairing this? Obviously I can't spread concrete directly over the blocks, so what do I need to put down before the concrete?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Where the ground meets my basement window, there is about a 2" concrete sill that is broken into about 5 pieces, exposing the tops of the cinder block wall (explains why water was coming through despite my drainage efforts). How can I go about repairing this? Obviously I can't spread concrete directly over the blocks, so what do I need to put down before the concrete?

Thanks!

You can spread concrete over the blocks if you stuff the openings in the blocks with a filler, crumple up some plastic bags,or use bubble wrap to fill empty space,where there's a will there's a way.

·
Registered
37,178 Posts
Posting a picture so we can see what your seeing is always helpfull.

·
Registered
37,178 Posts

·
Concrete & Masonry
3,794 Posts
Are you sure it's actually a concrete sill and not just a mortar "wash" over the block? If you have the room, a one-piece stone sill (like what joecaption linked to) would work well.........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts