DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to get some opinions on how to tackle replacing these old basement windows. The rough measurement of the window pane (not including frame) is 31-3/4 x 15-1/2. As you an see there is a wood frame that is set into the foundation. Was hoping I could salvage the frame but they are just too rotten IME. The frame is built from multiple pieces of wood and I think the opening has a rise in the middle of the frame as you can see in the pictures. I'm pretty sure that is not a just thicker piece of wood, but possibly a lip in the concrete. I'm hesitant to rip this apart until I have replacement windows in hand, but I can't entirely whats underneath either. Any thoughts on options how to proceed would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
REY

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I took some rough measurements concrete to concrete. Basically from outside of the frame to outside of the frame as seen in the pictures (from inside the house). It's coming to roughly 35 x 19 (they are not all exactly consistent). Would I be able able to get away with a 32 x 18 replacement?

Looking at this one:http://www.amazon.com/Duo-corp-3218..._UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=0XG3FGGRRZ5WE1XG5G5E

I'm guessing I could make the PVC frame larger if need be. Also figuring the opening may be smaller in the middle than where I took the measurements, but I can't get there until I commit to ripping it out. Anyt thoughts would be appreciated!

Best regards,

REY

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.