DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I'm new to the forum and seeking some help.
I just recently hired a contractor to redo my support columns throughout the crawl space and noticed the back kitchen wall still was sagging a bit and seen that the wall in the crawl space no longer had a bottom plate.

I really need some advice on what I can do to help my situation. I uploaded some pictures to show exactly what I'm talking about.

Thank you in advance
Automotive tire Wood Road surface Asphalt Grey

Wood Gas Door Tints and shades Metal

Wood Natural material Beam Tints and shades Automotive exterior

Wood Tints and shades Beam Gas Composite material

Wood Beam Tints and shades Ceiling Metal

Wood Door Window Gas Beam

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
So why the post and beam instead of fixing the wall?
It looks by this picture the floor could be 1 1/2" low at the wall?
View attachment 670364
Thank you for your reply, the beams and columns were in great need to be replaced.
Here is a clearer picture of this photo, should an epoxy work to rise the foundation and support?
Wood Material property Gas Hardwood Composite material

· retired framer
72,447 Posts
It looks like they raised the floor and ignored the wall so the floor dips at the wall.
Was there a reason they did not do the wall too?
This might be more complicated now than it was before.

· Registered
9,082 Posts
It looks like the new beam has nothing to do with that wall. If the kitchen wall looks sagging, you could, temporary, brace each stud (maybe even jack it up some), cut off rotten bottom and put some concrete blocks or rocks under the studs without trying to straighten the wall or such. Then put 2x6 or 4x4 to the studs and screw/nail to stablize the wall somewhat. Wall doesn't have to have a bottom plate. It's bit of mess there so I would not pour more money into it. Depends on what the crawl space floor will support.
Personally, I could live very happily with the mess as long as it's out of sight.:) That is, as I got older.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.