DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I am working on finalizing my basement finishing plan and my Rough-in is perplexing me. After much searching and somewhat guessing I think I might know what each of these Stubs are for, but I need some help to verify and of course help me answer a question.

Thanks for your help!
Nate

In Colorado if that matters
From what I've read this is what I could come up with
#1 - Sink
#2 - Tub/Shower (I know I can verify this with the water test)
#3 - Vent (8" from the wall, but after I put up foam board this won't be as bad)
#4 - Toilet
#5 - Cleanout/Floor Drain? There is another at the other end of the basement near the sump pump. I plan on covering this up with plywood/Tile flooring.

The second picture shows where our actual sewer cleanout is In case anyone was wondering.

I might be able to come up with a good lay-out with this, but was wondering if I could put the Toilet at #1 and the Sink(s) at #4 (without digging up the concrete)

Once again, thanks for helping me out!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
Sometimes bathrooms in basements can be complicated. You could be spot on with your assessment. Idk.

Call your town municipality they may have a record of what all the stub outs are for if permits were pulled. Just a suggestion.

Regarding your finalized plan; Please wait for the plumbers to respond as they would know the appropriate codes to follow. I believe Colorado uses IPC. Please wait for ghost or eplumber to respond. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
#1 might be the toilet. After putting up a wall that would be about 4-5 inches thick the toilet rough in would be around 14 inches. The one you mentioned as a toilet would be about 20". Not sure they would do that. Whichever one has a trap is not the toilet since toilets have the trap built in. You might be able to tell by looking in. Or buy one of those cheap cell phone attachment scopes to get a better look.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
What concerns me is the apparent lack of vents. My RO bath included the connected vent for the john and lav with a stub that could be used for the tub or shower.

The layout makes little sense to me. 1 is the most logical for the john but there is no way to vent it.

You should not cover a floor drain. Probably isn't code to cover a CO either.

·
Registered
50 Posts
If #5 is a black cover with writing on it, it might be a Backflow prevention valve. I have a similar cover in my basement from when we had the sewer line replaced. The black cover should come off and you can then see a standard white cleanout cover that will give you access to the flap on the backflow preventer. I was told to clean mine out once a year as sometimes TP will get tuck on the flap preventing it from closing all the way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.