DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have these worms that keep crawling out from under the moulding at the bottom of the drywall.

My landlord won't do anythiung about it, so I've tried taping around the bottom with duct tape but they seem to get through/under it somehow. I don't think my tape job was that "solid", I'll admit; :) I was trying to do anything I could in the limited time I had at the time to try to stop them from coming in.

Is my only choice to caulk the bottom myself or something? My assumption is that the basement needs to be sealed, and outside pests are able to come right in.

I would imagine my options are more limited being that I'm currently renting.

Any ideas are appreciated. Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
We have these worms that keep crawling out from under the moulding at the bottom of the drywall.

My landlord won't do anythiung about it, so I've tried taping around the bottom with duct tape but they seem to get through/under it somehow. I don't think my tape job was that "solid", I'll admit; :) I was trying to do anything I could in the limited time I had at the time to try to stop them from coming in.

Is my only choice to caulk the bottom myself or something? My assumption is that the basement needs to be sealed, and outside pests are able to come right in.

I would imagine my options are more limited being that I'm currently renting.

Any ideas are appreciated. Thank you!
Nice to meet you!

Yike a Rooney! You have a lot of moisture somewhere, which I think, shouldn't be there. How about pictures of the exterior? Looks like dirt is piled up, maybe where it shouldn't be, or you're getting a lot of water and the worms are looking to avoid drowning.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice to meet you!

Yike a Rooney! You have a lot of moisture somewhere, which I think, shouldn't be there. How about pictures of the exterior? Looks like dirt is piled up, maybe where it shouldn't be, or you're getting a lot of water and the worms are looking to avoid drowning.
Here's what it looks like on the outside of the wall. Every time it rains, water pools right there along the bottom of the wall. I think you may be able to see all of the dirt that accumulates as a result.

Attachments

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Here's what it looks like on the outside of the wall. Every time it rains, water pools right there along the bottom of the wall. I think you may be able to see all of the dirt that accumulates as a result.
Okay, I know a lot more about critters than construction. Hopefully one of our experts in that regard will come along soon. They usually do.

Where are you located? City/State is enough, or county. What works in MN may not work in Texas.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I love earthworms! Great for soil. They're just lost. Pick them up gently & put them outside, but, not in water. They won't hurt you.
Or... open a live bait store ... :ROFLMAO:

Seriously... You may need to get behind the drywall to investigate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Or... open a live bait store ... :ROFLMAO:

Seriously... You may need to get behind the drywall to investigate.
I figured as such, however I feel limited in what I can do since I'm renting this place. Are there any other things I can do that aren't as intrusive? Would it help at all if I kept the dirt swept up outside (as shown in the pics above) from where the water pools along the wall when it rains?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I figured as such, however I feel limited in what I can do since I'm renting this place. Are there any other things I can do that aren't as intrusive? Would it help at all if I kept the dirt swept up outside (as shown in the pics above) from where the water pools along the wall when it rains?
It may help. Anything might help... but one shouldn't expect much from it.

It hasn't been directly stated here...

There's very real probability that the worms are entering through the foundation along with an amount of water that the worms are escaping when they appear in the open.
The entrance of water and worm needs locating in order to stop the penetration.

There are solutions to hasten the worm demise ... vinegar/water, boron... etal; if you don't locate the source it'll
be like a band-aid on a compound fracture.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts