DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping someone could give me some advice. I am finishing my basement (2 bedrooms,bathroom,family room, and utility room) and need to work on the HVAC ductwork. Currently each bedroom has a vent, the family room has two vents, and there are no cold air returns.

The building inspector has said each bedroom needs an air return, and the common room needs one as well. The bathroom needs a an air vent as well as a vent outside for the fan (not there) I am not worried about the utility room. All walls are studed and unfinished. I have done all the work up till now myself, plumbing, framing, electrical. How hard would it be to accomplsih this? I was quoted between 500-600$ by a local HVAC guy to do it all for me. It would be adding 3 air returns, 1 air vent, and the hole to the outside for when I add the bathroom fan. Does this seem reasonable? I am not confident in doing it myself, but would learn if I could.

Any advice?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He did some air conditioner work for me when I accidentally drilled through my freon line, and did good work. I was leaning towards having it done, will be a lot easier I think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts