DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in Nebraska and plan on contacting some local contractors in the future...but just for personal sake I am trying to figure out some efficient dimensions for a foundation job.

The ground is not rocky. The ground is flat all around. It is local, not far out of town.

I'm thinking the basement would be about 24 foot wide, and 24 ft deep, and then possibly an 10 foot crawlspace at the end, so 24 ft wide and 10 ft deep...but only put it at frost line, which is 3' I believe. The basement walls height would likely be standard such as 8' or so.

I understand it varies per location...but I was wondering what an average would be for something like this?

Any input is appreciated! :thumbup:

·
Registered
37,261 Posts
Not even a ball park price would be logical to be asking for on any web site on the net.
And it would do you 0 good to even have someone throw out a price.
Need to be getting at least three local prices, then you will know the real price.

·
General Contractor
876 Posts
Okay, well I will just assume no answer is available here then. Thanks.
I would assume a pilot would be sharp enough to not expect to find information online as to the maintenance costs of a generic airplane? :thumbsup:

So how why would you assume anyone could give even a guess without knowing the wall composition, soil compaction, distance to move the dirt, floor depth, window or door wells, etc., ......

About like asking how much to build a house with no details.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Okay, well I will just assume no answer is available here then. Thanks.
Answers may be available here. But no USEFUL answers.

I am in WV. My foundation is 30x36. No basement; a 4-ft high crawl space. The walls are concrete block. It cost me around $6,000 four years ago. Is any of that really useful to you??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts