DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone - I have a approximately 52’ of what I believe is old SlantFin baseboard heating elements in my basement. When I removed the paneling from the walls, I needed to remove the cover to the baseboard, and it was not in any condition to reuse. I’m now trying to figure out what to do with the elements so I can begin putting the walls back up. The heating elements were positioned for paneling, so there is not a lot of play in certain areas between the studs and the elements.

My plan was to use paneling behind the elements, and have a ½” molding above that which I would rest my drywall on. I do not want the drywall down to the floor anyway since it’s a basement. My question is – should I consider replacing these elements ? or try to locate a cover that would fit them? The condition of the elements are pretty good, some of the fins are bent, but I could probably straighten them. I was thinking that replacing the entire element might be easier than trying to find a replacement cover ... I’m also wondering if there might be much efficient elements on the market. If I could reduce my 52' by replacing these elements, it might make sense. Anybody have any suggestions on how to proceed ? Thank you

Attachments

·
Administrator
42,073 Posts
Would need to increase to a 1" element to be able to go with less element.

Should be able to get just the baseboard cover without element.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts