They only get 12V power from the panel via the transformer and the batter back up. If you disconnected everything there, they should be devoid of any voltage and power.
If you cap or tape the two wires from the transformer, you should be ok. It's only 16 or 24V and is power limited, so shouldn't be a fire risk.Did a little googling to figure out that the transformer could be anywhere, so I disconnected one wire from the AC terminals. That should take care of it, shouldn't it?
OK. So the two wires connected to the the two AC terminals in the panel?
the battery needs to be recycled!:biggrin2::biggrin2:Disconnect the battery and trash it.
Sent from my RCT6A03W13E using Tapatalk