DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Guapo
5,940 Posts
How long is the fence? Is it a chain link fence set in concrete with barbed wire on top? Is barbed wire needed for security? We need more details. Pics might help too?

·
Guapo
5,940 Posts
You still haven't said how long the fence will be. May I ask what that fence is supposed to stop.? I could pass through that fence in 15 minutes with a large pair of snips.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was planning on doing something similar to this kind of fence. i'm just concern on how long will it take me to finish since i have almost a total of 100m perimeter to be fenced

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its supposed to be just a temporary fence. i just dont want the fence to be made of wood or something. this is only to secure the land from any illegal settlers.

·
Guapo
5,940 Posts
I'd say 40 man hours so if you are working alone that would be 5 full days. That still doesn't take into account if there is a frost line, if you have an auger or a 1 bag mixer.

·
4,080 Posts
its supposed to be just a temporary fence. i just dont want the fence to be made of wood or something. this is only to secure the land from any illegal settlers.
Lot of work and money for a temporary fence. If it were my land, a few steel fence posts driven around the perimeter with signs on them stating " No Trespassing AND IF YOU DO MY DOGS WILL EAT YOU"

Then install a perimeter underground dog fence and get two 100 pound Rottweiler dogs. :)

·
Registered
13,595 Posts
i was planning on doing something similar to this kind of fence. i'm just concern on how long will it take me to finish since i have almost a total of 100m perimeter to be fenced
100 m straight takes xxx time.
100 m with 1 corner takes x time longer.
100 m with 2 corners takes twice xx as long for corner time.
100 m with 3 corners takes even longer - you get the picture?
Now let's say we add a gate or two. Well that'll take longer.
If you work twice as fast as the average person it'll only take half as long.:vs_laugh:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts