DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a house with many problems. One of those is a leaking patio door (Leaks in the wall causing mold in the basement wall below). The water appears to get in from the exposed horizontal brickwork. I believe this should have been covered with flashing and an aluminum or pvc sill extension when the patio door was installed.

I dont want to install a new patio door. What can I do until then?

·
Super Moderator
13,293 Posts
Is this a brick house with a deck attached to it or is that just brick filling in the gap? Why is there brick missing on the right side under the trim?

A picture standing back showing the entire area would help, also another showing the ledger under the deck and how it’s attached to the house.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is this a brick house with a deck attached to it or is that just brick filling in the gap? Why is there brick missing on the right side under the trim?

A picture standing back showing the entire area would help, also another showing the rim joist under the deck and how it’s attached to the house.
Brick house with a deck. There is a brick but it's dirty.

·
Registered
37,460 Posts
All the sealing and flashing needed to be done under the door, not just some stuff smeared on the outside.
http://jamsill.com/

With the deck being that close to the threshold there's always going to be splash back causing an issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.