DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Stairguy
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was using my powermatic table saw today. I used it in the morning and it was fine. Later in the afternoon i went to use it and after ripping about 1" into a board, the saw started to scream. When i shut it down I noticed the blade was spinning backwards. I have never seen this before. It was about 85 degrees in the shop today and was very humid. Could this cause any kind of contact issues?

·
Retired Moderator
25,770 Posts
That's unheard of---That's a 220 motor? The rotation can be switched by changing the wiring inside the motor---I suspect a loose connection inside the motor cover---

Lets see what a sparky says----I would call the manufacturers technical help line,if it were me.

·
Retired Moderator
14,763 Posts
Wow, I have never seen a table saw do that but I did have a 16 inch older Dewalt RAS that would do that if you just turned the switch on. I was told the starter windings were bad. I always would spin the blade by hand in the right dirrection then hit the on switch and it would work fine like that. You can't spin a unisaw like that though. Let us know what you find out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.