DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Backfed Main Breaker Space - what would I do with it?

4332 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  vsheetz
This is a subpanel in my workshop - has a space noted for a backfed main breaker. How would this be utilized?

The sticker is located just below the empty space in the lower left of the panel.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
it appears the breaker bottom right is a 100A 2 pole, ... that should be your 'main breaker' just installed on the wrong side works on the same principal, but it looks like the left side has the hold down kit.

Yes, bottom right is 100a 2 pole main breaker acting as the disconnect. As for being installed on the wrong side, that's the way it came installed out of the box if I recall correctly.

When you say works on the same principle, that's what I was wondering - why would the lower left be called out specifically as backfed space?

Another picture -

Attachments

· Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all to explaining and pointing out what needed correction. Today I moved the main breaker and implemted the hold-down - so it is now as it should be. :thumbsup:

I learn something every day from this most excellent forum! :thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.