DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left a 2'x2' section exposed 1/4" backerboard under kitchen sink not covered with drywall around the pex and pipe area. During install it got a little wet. A week later it is still ever so slightly damp. Does this mean I have a leak in the pex elbow inside the wall? The house windows and doors were closed. The kitchen cabinet was closed. So circulation and access to fresh air was not all there. I have a tenant moving in soon. Should I worry about this or does backerboard take a long time to dry?

·
Super Moderator
6,117 Posts
Put a box fan on it for couple hours see if it helps with the drying out.

Did you check for leaks before you closed it up. Possibly maybe hit it with a nail or screw.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Put a box fan on it for couple hours see if it helps with the drying out.

Did you check for leaks before you closed it up. Possibly maybe hit it with a nail or screw.
No leaks earlier. Got it wet when I added a dishwasher valve. Jiggled the pex around a bit. I suppose I should have used one of those brace curves instead of elbows. With elbows you never know if something behind a wall isn't leaking. I am fairly sure that there is no leak. Just loosing sleep over the idea that maybe when I moved and jiggled the pex something might have worked itself loose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts