DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Armstrong Heat Pump HVAC unit with electrical strips for auxilliary heat. When my thermostat engages the heat pump in the heat setting, (I also have an emergency heat setting but this is not what is on.), my heat pump comes on along with the fan but the heat strips come on as well. When the desired temp is reached on the thermostat the heat pump goes off but the heat strips and fan remain on. You can set the thermostat to off but this does nothing the only way to shut the strips and fan off is to turn off the breaker in electrical panel. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
42,396 Posts
Heat sequencer stuck closed. Needs to be replaced. Or a short in the wiring.

·
Administrator
42,396 Posts
Possible. But you should use a meter to check if the board is getting a heat call on the W terminal or not, before just changing out the board.

·
Administrator
42,396 Posts
Possible. But you should use a meter to check if the board is getting a heat call on the W terminal or not, before just changing out the board.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.