DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A rare problem in the recent past. Every time I press down the break peddle an audible ding would sound such as your reminder *ding to put on your seat belt. This occurred for about an hour and went away. I have not had the problem since but have always wondered where such a problem might stem from. I know it will start up again as soon as my warranty runs out.

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 SXT 2WD

·
Man of many hats
558 Posts
Funny you should ask. I just had the same thing happen 2 days ago on my Dodge Ram. It would also happen when I used my left turn indicator or brake, so I checked the left rear brake lamp and it was out. Since yours went away, I would suspect that maybe either a line short or a lamp that is loose or getting ready to go? As you said, it would be one ding with no fault indicator on the dash panel.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would agree that you probably have a loose brake lamp bulb filiment or loose connection in the bulb socket. I have seen this cause turn signal indicators to light up as well..

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Its all in the computer! I had some weird things happen with my Dodge Caravan (2005).
It was repaired by installing a patch into the computer.
The dealer had the equipment, but it cost me $50 for the labor.

While on this subject, on my 2002 F250,the cruise wouldn't work if the low fuel warning light came on.
Is this a computer fault, or is it by design.

·
Registered
20 Posts
A common problem with the brake lights is not only the bulb but also the the circuit board/socket that the bulb plugs into. I have replace many. If it's not a "lamp out" issue, definately sound like a computer issue. The body computer in that vehicle is the instrument cluster. Also, is there a plow on the truck? Plow wiring can cause an issue with the lamp out system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts