DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Ariens snowblower damaged by "eating" hose

2348 3
Almost new Ariens snowblower damaged by becoming entangled in garden hose. Both pins were sheared but lateral housing of the auger was also deflected outwards. This caused misalignment of bushing which receives the auger axle. Efforts to realign the housing with wrench have not succeeded. Do I need to remove the auger axle? I will be very grateful for any advice. The shop wont take it for 3 weeks!

Manny:mad:
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
10,321 Posts
Is the housing in multiple pieces that can be unscrewed and disassembled? Like take off just the bent side panel?

If you can take the side panel off then it will be easier for you to "bang" it (or wrench it) back into shape.

Otherwise you will need to disassemble and remove the axle.

In order to bang a one piece housing back into shape, it will need to be sprung inward past its orginal shape and then the metal will bend as opposed to just act springy and it will retake the shape it should have.

Don't insert a pole into the bushing itself to wrench the panel back into shape, you willl deform the bushing.

· Registered
1,838 Posts
Almost new Ariens snowblower damaged by becoming entangled in garden hose. Both pins were sheared but lateral housing of the auger was also deflected outwards. This caused misalignment of bushing which receives the auger axle. Efforts to realign the housing with wrench have not succeeded. Do I need to remove the auger axle? I will be very grateful for any advice. The shop wont take it for 3 weeks!

Manny:mad:
Take it back to home depot. :laughing:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.