DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Wire Chewer
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stab-lok breaker (yeah yeah I know. :p) and I want to buy a 30 amp double pole breaker, if I get a stab lok one am I pretty guarantee it will fit, or do they make different types even though it's same company? The ones I saw at the store look like they'll fit, but I was just eye balling it real quick.

·
Banned
2,487 Posts
I have a stab-lok breaker (yeah yeah I know. :p) and I want to buy a 30 amp double pole breaker, if I get a stab lok one am I pretty guarantee it will fit, or do they make different types even though it's same company? The ones I saw at the store look like they'll fit, but I was just eye balling it real quick.
A new stab lok breaker will say it is for replacement for FPE. A new breaker will not be made by Federal Pacific, as that company no longer exists. Several companies make replacements. A Canadian Federal Pioneer breaker will also work, although I don't believe they are listed for it. But the originals are listed for the panel and they are junk, so a new Pioneer sure wouldn't hurt.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts