DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m having some trouble troubleshooting my whirlpool tub. I can turn the jets on and all you hear is a humming with no actual jet function. Nothing comes out of the jets. I have accessed the pump and the fan pump is working/not jammed. Plugs and switches are all good as well as far as I can tell. What else could be the issue? Could it be clogged on the inside preventing water from circulating? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!

·
Peace be with you
933 Posts
are all jets open?
what was water level when cycled?
sounds like pump locked up/humming...
are you saying It is turning?
elaborate on what you call the fan pump...
is this an air pump system?
how old is tub?

Peace

Reactions: Chiroguy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your response Dr P.
The tub is maybe 10 years old. I had the tub filled up above the intake and above all jets. I’m ignorant when it comes to this so I’m trying my best to explain everything. What I see looking directly at it is on the left, a fan, and on the right, what looks like the actual water in and out pipe. The fan on the left turns on when I switch the tub on. I can see the actual fan moving. No water is actually being pumped through from what I can tell. Again, I’m sorry if I’m not answering the questions you’re asking.

·
Peace be with you
933 Posts
Thank you for your response Dr P.
The tub is maybe 10 years old. I had the tub filled up above the intake and above all jets. I’m ignorant when it comes to this so I’m trying my best to explain everything. What I see looking directly at it is on the left, a fan, and on the right, what looks like the actual water in and out pipe. The fan on the left turns on when I switch the tub on. I can see the actual fan moving. No water is actually being pumped through from what I can tell. Again, I’m sorry if I’m not answering the questions you’re asking.
post a picture of pump ? when did jets last work?
did you try twisting any jet openings counter
clockwise when pump was running ???

Peace

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I want to say the jets were last run in the tub around a year ago. The tub sat idle for awhile and was not used. I have not tried turning the jets counter clockwise while turned on though. I will try that. I am attaching 2 pictures of the pump.

P.s On looking at the post preview...Im not sure why the image has been turned. Sorry.

Attachments

·
Peace be with you
933 Posts
yellow pump may be locked up or has broken shaft
allowing black motor to turn but not pump water...
get numbers off assemblies & search internet for replacements

Peace

Reactions: Chiroguy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Chiro
I’m having the same issue and I believe I have the same pump.
Did you ever figure out a solution?
I’ve come to the conclusion I’ve have to replace my pump but they are no longer manufactured. I would have to change from a “e switch” control to and “air switch” control. Just curious if you figured something out before I buy a new pump.
Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts