DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My old Aprilaire 760 died last week so I bought a new Aprilaire 700 manual and installed it but I'm having difficulty with the wiring. The way I hooked it up (see diagram below) includes a relay in the system to sense when the heat is activated and the solenoid is powered by the 24v R terminal. It works and gets heat to temp it needs and humidity to where it needs to be but the fan now runs 24/7. Not sure why this is given that I didnt wire anything to the fan terminal. If it matters, I have a nest E thermostat. How can I properly wire this to turn on when heat is running only and do I need the relay? I'd rather not have the fan permanently stuck on. Can I instead power the solenoid through the W terminal only (diagram attached)? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
There's nothing wrong with either of your wiring diagrams. Either should work and have no effect on the fan circuit, as you know. That problem lies somewhere else.

Below is a link to a good list of things that can cause the furnace fan to run continuously. Hopefully one of the items listed will be your answer.
°
Fan Running Continuously Causes

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
And yes, you can power the solenoid directly from the W leg of the thermostat but using the relay is preferred by some. Your choice. The solenoid only requires .08 amps (80 milliamps) so it's no big added load.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts