DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So despite all the bad reviews I went ahead and ordered a tile redi pan and bench. What I got I did not expect, it is made from a yellow " Styrofoam "? type material. It states to set it with a type N or S mortar and to lay the tiles with modified thin set. And gives a list of 8 approved modified thin sets. I have researched every where trying to find more info on this "new" product. Trying to find someone who has had experience with it, and if it has the same problems as the older black and grey pans, i.e. mortar not setting up underneath the pan, flexing and voids in the pan , will the thin set really work instead of the epoxy they always wanted you to use before? So anyone use or know anything about this? Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok here is some pics of it still in the box. My question is has anyone used this pan and if so have you had any issues with it? There are a lot of bad reviews out there with the older black pan where people couldn't get the mortar underneath to stick, couldn't fill all the voids and had flexing and creaking in the pan. Also could only use redi epoxy to set the tile because thin set wouldn't work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok here is some pics of it still in the box. My question is has anyone used this pan and if so have you had any issues with it? There are a lot of bad reviews out there with the older black pan where people couldn't get the mortar underneath to stick, couldn't fill all the voids and had flexing and creaking in the pan. Also could only use redi epoxy to set the tile because thin set wouldn't work.
Did you ever get your answer? What happened? I have the same shower pan and I'm having a hard time finding the recommended thin sets. What did you end up using?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts