DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. Lanai knowledgeable or not. It is a concrete slab with walled sides and concrete slab base.
A screened in porch up north.
Mine slopes to the opposite corner where water puddles in it. I had in mind to slope it the opposite way. But what with? I will tile over it....uncoupling mat underneath. But how best and with exactly what to screed over top of old slab? Any and all advice needed. (I gutted to the studs and rebuilt my master bath and many other tile jobs over the years so do have skills....but always open to learn. Thanks

·
Retired Moderator
14,727 Posts
In answer to your title question: The word lanai is used to describe a covered porch or veranda in tropical locations.

In answer to your question of how to correct the puddling, that I will have to leave to the experts.

·
Retired Moderator
25,770 Posts
Do you need to worry about freeze / thaw in your area?

Deck mud can be used in areas that need a lot of lift---vinyl patch for the thin areas--

Self leveling compound will be a poor choice as you will not get it pitched to drain--it self levels.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh...I am quite clear about what a lanai is. Besides being a Hawaiian word. I live where an early morning FROST has not happened in several years.
I want to get what I am sure will be varying opinions about what product, mixed with some mortar 'blue glue' to slop away from home but from outside left corner to outside right to let water flow out underneath exterior screened door.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.