DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People,

have a trot bilt "smart speed" mower. Tuffcut 220. But smart is stupid, as when I approach a section of lawn that is sparsely grassed, I like to turn down the engine speed, to prevent the sand/dust from churning up, and save gas/mow a little quieter, etc. Any way to addd say, a bicycle cable to the throttle to control it at all?

Thanks!

·
the Musigician
10,404 Posts
nonono Bud, it's mosift, not mosfit....

....and I have no idea what either one is either....

DM

·
Pro Flooring Installer
7,931 Posts
MoSIFT: Recognizing Human Actions in Surveillance Videos

OK?

·
Pro Flooring Installer
7,931 Posts
That's all I could find when I googled it.:laughing:

·
Registered
11,194 Posts

You're on your own with the other.

Reactions: Bud Cline

·
Old School
3,634 Posts
Mosift = Modify when you miss the "d" and "y" keys by one key. The guy may have fat fingers.

Same thing with TROT.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mosift = Modify when you miss the "d" and "y" keys by one key
LOL!! too much! Yeah, willie got it right! I should have proof read my words. Modify. Good detective work.

It IS Troy Bilt. Anyway, I did some research and MTD (owns Troy Bilt now, unfortunately) said its "bilt" that way cuz its easier starting, but its designed for one rpm only. Man, I dont think this can be mosifted!

Will maybe have to keep on wasting gas when mowing just a few blades of grass.

·
Tileguy
10,705 Posts
Well if MTD has anything to do with it, it's screwed up!:)

That's what we get for buying the cheapest mowers on the market.

You don't want to hear about my MTD experience(s).:laughing: I was able to mosift mine tho.:) One of us can't spell "built", I don't know if it's me or Troy.

·
A Little Of Everything
2,428 Posts
LOL!! too much! Yeah, willie got it right! I should have proof read my words. Modify. Good detective work.

It IS Troy Bilt. Anyway, I did some research and MTD (owns Troy Bilt now, unfortunately) said its "bilt" that way cuz its easier starting, but its designed for one rpm only. Man, I dont think this can be mosifted!

Will maybe have to keep on wasting gas when mowing just a few blades of grass.
Not sure what make & model you're referring to, but "easier starting" is probably not the motive behind one rpm. Saving money is more likely.

Years ago, when my sons & I were doing a lawn-mowing business, I picked up a little aluminum deck Homelight mower. Garage sale find for $25. It was really light & fun to use. Only had about a 3.25 hp "one speed" engine, but holy cow did that thing mow nice!

My reason for posting this? I have no idea... :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts