DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New poster here.

I have been browsing this site for many months since I started my basement finish project. I am truly impressed with the amount of things I have learned already.

I have 3 vertical cracks in my poured basement walls. I bought the house in July and it was built in 2005. The basement is bone dry and I have not seen any moisture even with the endless rain we had this fall in Michigan.

I am now starting to finish the basement. I had a company quote the polyurethane injection for the cracks and it was very expensive so I looked online and found several DIY port injection kits. I can fix all my cracks for a reasonable price if I do it myself.

There are several companies online selling the kits but they seem to be offering the same product just a different company name selling it.

Do these DIY polyurethane injection work? Has anyone bought and used them with success? If it is worth it I want to seal the cracks for piece of mind before I insulate and drywall.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I think you need to find why the cracks happened. Are you planning an expensive band aid on something that will reappear. I know nothing about this poly injection so I don't know if it can be done effectively from the inside or if you need to excavate and inject from the outside.

·
Concrete & Masonry
3,794 Posts
Hopefully "itsreallyconcrete" see's this and can comment, as he certainly has the experience in these kind of repairs........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts