DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seeing some bug waste+wood/soil on my stairs ( see attached images ) . If I bang on vinyl siding more and more such soil drops down on the stairs.

Is this common to have some kinda bug infestation or shall I take out vinyl siding , check and do paste control ( if needed ) ? Any suggestion is helpful.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,674 Posts
It doesn't look like a bug infestation to me. Looks like pieces of mortar. Could just be the way i'm looking at the pics, idk. You can pop that one piece of siding off and find out for sure.

Looks more like mold to me. A solution of water and bleach will kill it. Just an observation

·
Super Moderator
6,674 Posts
water may be entering/following that piece of j channel then underneath to sheathing, then on to your concrete foundation. You can see the water staining on foundation. Perfect wet and damp environment for mold and wood rot.

I don't think it's a bug infestation problem. More of a water issue and rotting wood problem. I would definitely get it corrected soon. You may have to pull that bottom piece of siding off and see how much water damage you have. investigate a little more and see exactly how the water is getting in there and stop it. Just a suggestion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts