DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello you all - my first attempt at texturing and I think I need to take a different approach.

The background is that I'm enclosing/finishing a covered porch. All insulated, heated, etc, and this will be a bit of a mudroom, not a bedroom or anything like that. I used OSB instead of drywall, and primed it well. As a rookie, last night I sprayed and applied knockdown technique, but not nearly enough and it basically did nothing to help reduce the 'osb' look. (please see the pictures).

As you can see, there's really not much going on there, and so I'm thinking that I need to do some sort of round two, and thus why I came here. Does it make sense to apply a much heavier dose of texture (sprayed) and knock that down as well on top of this, or would it look better and do a better job if I rolled on some texture instead?

I'm looking for advice because I feel like leaving it as is is not near enough, but I don't want to get myself in a bind where I'm removing everything and starting over.

I SO appreciate the help.

Attachments

·
retired painter
9,879 Posts
I'd probably use an oil base primer. OSB will sometimes have tannin bleed which will come thru latex primer. If you feel lucky you can use a latex primer and IF any spots bleed - just prime those areas with oil or pigmented shellac.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts