DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a sink, shower, and toilet that I need to drain. The only ready place to put a vent pipe is the stack. The stack will be about 10 feet from any of the fixtures. So, I'm thinking I should also place an AAV along the drain.

Can I service all 3 fixtures with a single AAV? I've heard up to six is okay. If so, can I place the AAV anywhere along the drain (for example, at the point just after the last fixture drain)?

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to follow-up a bit, my drain system begins with a sink drain, then has a shower drain, and then a toilet drain. I'm wanting to put an AAV just after the toilet drain. There will be a roof-vent pipe after this (about 10 feet away).

Is this okay? Any advice?

Thank,
Eric

·
Registered
558 Posts
It would be easier for people to comment if you could give us pictures and/or diagrams of what it is you're trying to accomplish.

My first thought, though, is that you don't need an AAV is there's a vent stack 10 feet away. And the way you're describing the location of the single vent for all three fixtures isn't right. (You can get all three fixtures vented with a single vent, just not the way you've described).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the thoughts. I'll try to post a diagram. But basically, the fixtures that need to be drained are currently connected to a drain pipe in this order:

Sink -> Shower -> Toilet.

There is no place in that area where I can readily run a vertical pipe up to the roof. Hence, I'm wanting to use an AAV.

The only place I can readily place a vertical pipe up to through the roof is at the point where the septic connects, about 10 feet downstream and away from the sink/shower/toilet.

Suggestions?

Eric

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, here's a diagram of what I'm trying to do. Because of some huge beams at the edge of the barn, I'm not sure I can install any vertical vents in the area shown. Can I use AAV?

Thanks,
Eric

1 - 6 of 6 Posts