DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there I have a itt lgh-21o-h02 pneumotive tank mounting air compressor. I can not find
anything on this system. I can power it up and it runs but it does not build any air compression. I'm not sure why it will not build any air. Was hoping to find a owner manual or something to help me diagnose whats wrong.any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
There is a valve on the bottom of the tank for draining condensate. Is this valve closed?

·
Registered
37,337 Posts
It's highly likely the reed valves are shot.
There under the head at the top of the compressor, need to remove the 4 socket head cap screws and remove the head to check them.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
You may want to take it to a motor repair shop.
They can diagnose it and order you the parts or fix it for you.
I suspect parts will be expensive for that device.
You may be better off buying a new compressor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You may want to take it to a motor repair shop.
They can diagnose it and order you the parts or fix it for you.
I suspect parts will be expensive for that device.
You may be better off buying a new compressor.
But what fun is that I won't be able to do it by myself I just wanted to owners a manual or something but thanks

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Oops. Looks to me like you removed more that you wanted to. I'm inclined to agree with Joe's assessment in post 3, but the head is just the top section with the fins. You removed the cylinder as well. Take a look at the bottom side of the head and see what the valves look like. But if you can find replacements you'll need a ring compressor to get the cylinder back on. Are those the piston rings laying on the floor in the last picture?

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
You had your fun taking it apart. :)

Now get with the American way; throw it away and buy a new one. No one wants to sell parts and they cost more than a new one. Sad but true.

Reactions: raylo32
1 - 10 of 10 Posts