DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently moved and had a lot of items that I sold and give away. I advertised that I had 400 "steel T post" and would sell them for $2.00 each. They were new.
I had a guy call that wanted 50 post. When he arrived HE COUNTED post after I did and I gave him 6 rimnent rolls of barbed wire and many other items such as 50 gal. plastic barrels and 5 gal. buckets. He was delighted.
Next day he called and said he was short THREE POSTS:no:
I told him to come back--which he did--and I threw FIVE on his truck and left him standing in my field.:mad:
I didn't speak a word to him:thumbup:

·
the Musigician
10,404 Posts
Been there, dealt with people like that before... dishonest people suck.
I would have told him on the phone that since we both had counted them as they were being loaded and were satisfied there were 50, he left knowing they were all there. What did he think you did? Yank three off as he drove away?
I would not have given him more.

DM

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been there, dealt with people like that before... dishonest people suck.
I would have told him on the phone that since we both had counted them as they were being loaded and were satisfied there were 50, he left knowing they were all there. What did he think you did? Yank three off as he drove away?
I would not have given him more.

DM
I gave the Bast**d many items FREE---I think he wanted some more free stuff!!:yes:

·
the Musigician
10,404 Posts
He probably needed 53...... but rather than just buy 3 more from you, why not lie instead?

DM

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Been there you give a guy a hand and they take your arm… that’s why we had sign off sheets that the customer would sign after he or she (oh yes she) counted their items and handed them a copy. No more problems after that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts