DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 Hampton Bay ceiling fans, all different models, all in different rooms, all on different power circuits. Last night all 3 stopped responding to their respective controllers. Changed all batteries, flipped switches to change which controller ran which fan, powered on/ off. No response. On one the fan and light were on, and unless turned off at the wall switch they remain on. One had fan on only and it's still running. Other was not on at all and won't respond. Almost like interference, but have installed nothing new, changed nothing electrical. We live on a cul-de-sac with lots of neighbors but have no idea how to isolate. Could all three receivers have been blown somehow? Any suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Try turning off the respective circuits for each fan.
Then turn them on, one by one and see if that reset them.
Or is that what powered on / off meant?

Any other devices acting funny now?
A power surge may have affected the controllers....but unlikely them and nothing else.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, that's what pwr off/on was meant to to convey. My gut tells me the controllers are ok - the little internal lights flash when I push the buttons. I'm guessing the receivers are blown, or there's continual interference from somewhere. I hate to buy and install new receivers without being sure. Other than that, I can't see any other way to proceed. Any ideas welcome. thx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just lotsa smoke. Seems like the whole damn state is on fire. Not aware of any lightning, but the atmosphere is volatile. No hits on the computers, no blinky lights, but something could have happened overnight. I'm thinking if it was local interference it would affect more than just the 3 fans, but nothing else is amiss. All the other remote devices (TV, cable, DVD, BluRay, etc) OK.
I've ordered one new receiver/controller set so I'll have known good stuff to test with. I'll update when I get them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.