DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well Well Well, You were correct. Had to pull out the bottom a bit then pull down. The hinges slide down and allow it to open. Has main shut off and breakers for the two bedrooms and second bath!

Thank you so much for the help!
Smitty

Attachments

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I found that on our FL house. The box at the meter has breakers for the irrigation controller and a receptacle by the box. I also discovered more breakers in the pool control box for the pump, heater and underwater lights.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
That was a strange way to wire a house... we can only wonder what caused the electrician to do that.

It would have made more sense to put the a/c and the required convenience receptacle for it in that exterior panel and kept the inside lights and receptacles on the inside panel.

Perhaps it was during a remodel??? Another strange things is the inspection on the main panel was signed off in 1999 and you say the house was built in 2001??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I thought the house was built in 2001 but I just checked the property appraiser web site and found it was 1999.

My theory is it was done this way to save wire and time? The outside box and 2 bedrooms and bath are on the same side of house. Very short run as apposed to going all the way to garage and then back again?

Smitty

21 - 24 of 24 Posts