DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If I'm painting a room ceiling white and walls another color, what is the sequence in airless paint spraying? Walls first then ceiling or ceiling first then walls? Wall paint is eggshell finish. House is empty, no finished floors, no trim yet, new sheetrock already primed.

·
Registered
37,477 Posts
I would very strongly suggest you just use a roller and a brush.
By the time you taped, masked, protected the floor, plus all the added clean up you could have painted the room and had no over spray.

·
Rubbin walls since'79
2,518 Posts
First- do you know how to set up to spray? have you it before?
Lots of masking.
if you know how to cut and roll, I'd say drop poly from the ceiling line and do ceiling, cut and roll walls.

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
Since the house is empty. I would use hand masker (whice cuts masking by more than half) with a roll of 9' plastic, mask the walls, spray, then using a paint shield and a pretty small tip for better control spray the walls.

·
JOATMON
17,364 Posts
Good comments here.

I have an airless....and based on my experience.....you have to pick and choose the projects that you want to use it on.

As noted above....it's a good 10-15 min of work to just clean the airless sprayer after using it...so I only use mine when I have a lot of stuff to cover.....or, it has a lot of 'detail' that a bruch or roller will not cover very well.

And just so it's clear...just because it's an airless, it does not mean you get a lot of overspray....because you WILL get a lot of overspray.

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
Has anyone used the power roller with their airless rig. The promotion with my Graco sprayer the power roller came with it. It sat in my garage the past few years because I didn't think much of it I guess. Used it a short while ago on an exterior stucco job where we could't spray 1 area. It was a heavy stucco so to just roll it was taking a long time, hooked up the power roller to try it and it was fantastic. And you can buy different nap roller covers. Just wondered if anyone else has tried it.

·
Too Short? Cut it Again!
9,634 Posts
Don't forget to back roll the spray work!

As for the power roller question. The internal feed covers are expensive and tend to be messy, from my experience. But I was cleaning up after somebody who used one of the Wagner toys. Hardly worth it for a single room. Maybe worth thinking about for a whole house.

·
Rubbin walls since'79
2,518 Posts
A long time ago I used a power roller and found that it would be OK for rolling something that didn't need a fine finish, but was very tricky to lay off on something like interior walls with an eggshell or something like that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.