DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it is once again winter here in New England and although I have a gas powered framing gun, the rest of my stuff runs on air. With the problem being that although I have several different types of hose in lengths from 25' to 100', handling them in the cold is a bear because they just harden up and refuse to coil, uncoil, you get the idea.

Any recommendations as to a type that will stay flexible??(and no, I not going to upgrade to a battery finish gun or move to south Florida)

Thanks!

Ront

·
JOATMON
17,228 Posts
Bondo pretty much laid it out....

I have a BF Goodrich air hose....I think it was $30 from Amazon.....love the thing

My hose real is the vinyl type.....I only pull it out as much as needed. In the winter it's almost impossible to use

·
What is that?
1,029 Posts
I bought air hoses from Harbor freight that was Goodyear on sale for $19.00 25 foot. They do well in cold. I have other hoses that get hard when cold. The Goodyear hoses do well. I'm in Louisiana so it doesn't get too cold here but it does go below freezing and my shop does not have heat. :vs_coffee:

·
Master General ReEngineer
10,203 Posts
Ayuh,... I've got several of the Goodyear red hoses,...

So long as ya pay attention to the pitch of the hose, 'n don't tryin' fight it, they work Great,....

Only problem they've given me was last winter, when it was -35°,.....
I ran a couple lines out to help a guy pump oil with an air pump, his compressor was really strugglin' in the cold,....
Found out, my compressor was workin' great, but both hoses had a slug of water in 'em, frozen solid, no air from either hose,...
Once thawn, 'n blown out, they worked again,.....

That might be one other possible advantage to the flexzilla hoses, their diameter grows when ya turn the air on,...
My little garage compressor, I probably don't drain often enough, or maybe I do, but the flexzilla hose on it I made outa a busted up dumpster find, don't seem to be bothered by ice bits pluggin' things up,...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.