DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have just had a technician come over to take a look at my unit as I am having air coming out of my AC unit in my condo, but its not cold. My property manager says that the coils need to be flushed and replaced, but the tech just told me that as I have consistent air flow coming out and the fans next to the motor are clean and the filters are clear, it would be a fault with the cooled water coming to my unit. We dont have freon here, so water is chilled then feed to the units.

I am a bit concerned now as the property manager seems to be ducking the issue in that it could be a problem with the building, and not my unit. Especially when the tech could have made money by performing work, but said that my internal unit looks fully functional.

Any other suggestions???

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Call the company back tomorrow and ask if the chilled water is getting to your apartment or if the water blockage is in the coil as the property manager suggested.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Call the company back tomorrow and ask if the chilled water is getting to your apartment or if the water blockage is in the coil as the property manager suggested.
Thanks for the quick response. Is there anyway I could check this too? I have two lines feed into my unit for hot/cold, as its the same system for the entire property. They just flip it over for seasons. I have nothing accumulating in my drain pan either. Which sits just under my condenser/unit/chiller I guess. Anything else I should ask when I call back tomorrow?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts